Find open ports on Internet facing resources with this online version of the Nmap Port Scanner.
Using our online port scanner you can test servers, firewalls and network perimeters remotely providing immediate insight into a systems Internet footprint. It is simply the easiest way to perform an external port scan.
Kick off a Free Port Scan with our hosted Nmap Scanner.
Check any IP address and test 10 common TCP ports with Nmap version detection (
-sV) enabled. Once you see how easy it is grab a membership and get immediate full access.
21 File Transfer (FTP)
22 Secure Shell (SSH)
25 Mail (SMTP)
80 Web (HTTP)
110 Mail (POP3)
143 Mail (IMAP)
443 SSL/TLS (HTTPS)
445 Microsoft (SMB)
3389 Remote (RDP)
Scan All Ports, Ranges of IP Addresses, Submit Lists of Targets and more
Membership is required for full access; including scanning all ports, ranges of IP addresses and schedule regular scans to detect changes. Immediate access is available to new members or login now if you already have an account.
Hours in Tool Management
Here are 6 use cases for the Online Port Scanner
- Determine status of host and network based firewalls
- Understanding the results from the Nmap port scan will reveal whether a firewall is present. The
shodan.iosearch engine finds millions of poorly configured firewalls on a daily basis.
- Test Firewall Logging and IDS
- Launch remote scans against your infrastructure to test that your security monitoring is working as expected. Review firewall logging and Intrusion Detection System alerts.
- Find Open Ports on Cloud based Virtual Servers
- In 2016 thousands of MongoDB databases were compromised and data leaked due to the server being configured to listen on the Internet facing Interface. A remote port scan will quickly reveal a host firewall with holes or services poorly configured.
- Detect Unauthorized Firewall Changes
- When your firewall rule base changes require change board approval. A scheduled Nmap Port Scan can quickly determine firewall changes that have not been through the change approval process.
- Not all Firewalls work well with IPv6
- As IPv6 gets deployed it is important to understand whether the IPv6 interface has the same level of protection as the existing IPv4 addresses. Many virtual servers (VPS) are deployed with IPv6 enabled by default. Have you checked yours?
- Troubleshoot Network Services
- Your getting pushed to roll out the new service. The network guys are saying its not their problem, and the firewall administrator is pointing the finger at the developers. Sometimes you just need to know if the port is open and listening.
Launch an Online Nmap Port Scan in 3 Simple Steps
1. Fill out the form; entering the address or hostname of the target.
You must enter a public IP address or hostname that is accessible from an external perspective. You must have permission to scan the target. The online Nmap port scans can also be started by submitting a list of valid target addresses; simply include the targets comma separated or as a list with line breaks.
Scan a single IP address
Scan a range of IP addresses
Scan a single Hostname
2. Decide on which Ports you wish to Scan
The port options available are an Nmap Fast scan (-F) or to scan all 65535 ports on an IP Address. Scanning all ports is the most accurate way to discover every listening service. Scans with all ports are required for a full test of a firewall configuration. Note that a full scan can take from 20 minutes to an hour or even two depending on the network.
3. Select options you would like to use (optional)
- Default protocol is IPv4, select the Protocol option to enable IPv6 (nmap option -6)
- Ping is performed by default to ensure system is responding, select option to disable the ping (nmap option -Pn)
- Enable OS Detection to probe the Operating System version (nmap option -O)
- Perform an optional Traceroute uses results from the port scan to find the most accurate method (nmap option --traceroute)
The Final Step is to Simply Launch the Scan
Nmap results are delivered to your registered email address once they are completed. The results are also available in the members portal for download.
Sample Results from the Online Nmap Scan
The default settings will perform the port scan using a TCP SYN based test. This is a standard Nmap port scan (-sS) with version detection enabled (nmap -sV). Any other selected optional parameters will be included.
The results are emailed to the users registered email address. Scan results are available as plain text and HTML formats.
A scan of a /24 network with all ports involves scanning 16.7 million ports.
About the Nmap Port Scanner Software
Nmap is a network port scanner that tests network connectivity between different hosts and services. Firewalls, Router ACL’s and other factors can impact a network based connection.
Download Nmap today from insecure.org, it is available in versions for Windows (XP, 2003, 2008) and Linux / FreeBSD. Zenmap is a graphical front end for those not comfortable on the command line. When installing Nmap I encourage you to download from the source as it is constantly being improved and built upon. Linux distributions will not always have the latest version in the package repository.
Nmap in the Movies
An interesting side note is that Nmap has appeared in many Hollywood blockbusters. Movies where an appearance was made include the Matrix and Die Hard 4.