Test Joomla Security with this immediate Joomla security scan service. Discover vulnerabilities, web server details and configuration errors.
Joomla is one of the most popular open source content management systems and is a common target for attackers due its popularity and the wide variety of extensions that are available. These Joomla security scans will test your site for security issues, configuration errors and poor reputation links so you can get to work mitigating the vulnerabilities before you get hacked.
About our Joomla Security Scan Options
These scans will test a Joomla installation for a number of common security issues, vulnerable modules as well as perform web reputation analysis of sites that are being linked and sites that are hosted on the same IP address.
Option 1: A simple check of the basics with this passive scan. All the information gathered is from performing regular web requests against the specified site.
Option 2: The second option is a more aggressive active scan that is able to identify known security vulnerabilities and exploitable plug-ins. This option uses the OWASP Joomla! Security Scanner open source security testing tool.
Option 1: Passive Checks include:
- Determine if Joomla installation is present
- Perform web reputation lookups for site (Google Safebrowsing).
- Test for an "admin" user account
- Test for "directory indexing enabled on modules and components directories"
- List external sites linked from main page and web reputation of each
- List any external iframes
- Perform geolocation and web hosting information lookup
Option 2: JoomScan - the Active Joomla Scanner includes:
- Detect known exploits and security vulnerabilities
- Exact version probing
- Joomla plugin based firewall detection
To scan enter the sites root URL to test including the full path, such as: